Oh. My. Geez.
I am so late posting this. Sorry friends. So! This week hasn’t actually been planless, I’ve just horribly documented it. On paper. Which I’ve lost twice.
This week my Momma is in town from Chicago! Yay! And panic! And house cleaning! My life plan has pretty much revolved around this, basketball practice, and late night bathroom sink installs with my main squeeze. It *is* as romantic as it sounds.
So! Meal Plan!
- Monday We ate something. One of these days was pasta with smoked sausage, peppers, onions and salad.
- Tuesday We ate more things. One of these days was green curry/coconut milk/chicken with tons of veg over rice.
- Wednesday Yep, more eating. For the life of me I can’t remember right now. Maybe we had burritos?
- Thursday This one I actually remember! Chicken pot pie casserole with biscuits & green beans on the side. This is lunch today as well. Yum!
- Friday Havin frands over! Woop! Corned beef with carrots and cabbage, boiled potatoes, salad, apple crumble & ice cream for dessert.
- Saturday Basketball! Birthday party! Wooooo!
- Sunday Soup and fresh baked bread. Prep for next week because this week has been madness.
Welp, that’s it folks! Question: If you were stranded on a dessert island, would it be made of popsicles or ice cream sandwiches? Get it?? Dessert. Not desert. Har.
So hey! Weeks of cooking, eating, and Thanksgiving happened. And I’m still eating delicious leftovers. We had smoked turkey, deep fried turkey, greens, and a rib roast. And too many other sides to possibly name. So! Here are a few wonderful things I’ve done with my cooking-life lately, and a few things I still hope to do.
- Cooked greens! And by greens, I mean 7 (!) bunches of turnip, 7 (!) bunches of mustard, two smoked turkey drumsticks, a butt load of garlic, and 4 packs of frozen spinach. Slow cooker for the turkey and their broth. Blanching of all the bunches. Spinach added in later. Also onion, butter, red pepper flakes, pickled jalapeno, and seasoned salt. And pepper. And I’m probably forgetting something else but it all came together in a big pot of deliciousness.
- Leftovers? Leftovers! I don’t usually need to mess with them much, but I just have to share this delicious twist: Pasta Alfredo with smoked turkey, sauteed broccoli on the side. So so so good. I have to find a way to con my friends into having turkey-smoking-parties more often.
- Turkey Enchiladas. These absolutely have to happen, and my turkey supply is dwindling. With the green sauce. And allllll the sides.
- Crockpot meatloaf. I did this. Step one: mix up your favorite meatloaf recipe when you go home for your lunch break, because you’re the luckiest person on the planet and work 5 minutes from your front door. Step two: put it in the slow cooker for 3.5 hours. Step three: ta daaaa!
- Birthday. I am turning the big 3-1 on Thursday. Woop! This isn’t cooking related, except that I’m pretty sure it will mean that I be making a chocolate cake.
- Burgers. These are definitely happening this week to break up all the poultry. Topped with cooked onions/garlic/pickled peppers, then cheese. Toasted buns. Some kinda corn. Some kinda fresh salad. Maybe they will be…. Birthday Burgers!
In other news, I have done zero percent of my holiday shopping. Yikes.
Tis the season fo-or Tee Ball, fa la la la la, I have no time!
Monday Tee Ball, Tuesday Near Ball, fa la la la la, I have no time.
So-o now I cook ahead now, fa la la, fa la la, there’s no time!
Here’s my menu, mostly pre-cooked. Fa la la la la, I have no time.
- Monday Chicken/Veggie stirfry over rice (already cooked, heat and eat)
- Tuesday Sloppy Joes & salad (already cooked and/or cut up, heat and eat)
- Wednesday If I actually survive Monday and Tuesday, I’ll make chicken lettuce wraps with curry rice noodles and fresh veggies.
- Thursday Baked fish, broccoli, buns.
- Friday Stuffed shells (ricotta, spinach, etc) with meat sauce (already made), and garlic bread.
- Weekend Buttermilk pancakes and fresh fruit for breakfast on Saturday. I’ll deal with the rest of the weekend once I actually get through this week.
Did I mention that my microwave broke, and that work is crazy busy, and that I am still getting caught up from camping over Father’s day weekend and have ten million things to do? Because I do.