Falling back. Ugh.
- Monday Semi-homemade takeout. Teriyaki chicken, green beans, dumplings and rice.
Fettuccine Alfredo, crispy shrimp and garlic bread on the side, plus salad with craisins and balsamic dressing I didn’t make this because NONE of us were in the mood. Leftover potato soup for me with added broccoli, sandwich and veggies for the boy, and Ramen for D. Major cop out.
- Wednesday Beef spring rolls with pickled veggies, avocado, and plenty of fresh herbs. Because it’s fresh and delicious, and it will maybe let me pretend that we’re still enjoying summer.
- Thursday Chicken in red wine sauce, smashed garlic potatoes, cheddar bay biscuits, and broccoli. Fun facts: the smashed potatoes are different than mashed because a) I always make them with skin on red potatoes, b) I barely smash them with a fork rather than use a potato masher, so c) they retain more of their original form and texture.
- Friday I’m in an evening meeting, so they are either fending for themselves or I’m making slow-cooker ravioli lasagna.
PS- I’ve had approximately 5 cups of coffee today, and while it doesn’t seem like it has worked yet, I’m sure that it will keep me up tonight til 2AM. For reference, I’m usually buzzed halfway through my second cup.
Blarg. That’s a link. To a place that describes all about blarg. It is wonderful, and glorious, and is *nearly* enough to lift me out of the tired fog I am in today. The trip to visit family was equal parts amazing and exhausting.
This week snuck up on me, and while I’ve been quite productive in many ways I have yet to grocery shop. This means that this meal plan is subject to change, but I’m pretty sure about it anyway. Here we go!
- Monday Burgers for dinner, because they help with the blarg. Caesar salad on the side. Edit: I also made some oven fries, and they definitely helped.
- Tuesday Breakfast for dinner. Waffles, “snack steak” aka steak cut into strips where everyone gets a few, turkey sausage, strawberries and cantaloupe on the side.
- Wednesday Chicken curry with veggies.
- Thursday Beef potroast, boiled red potatoes on the side, green beans on the side.
- Friday PTO fall festival at Darian’s school. They will have movies playing in the gym, and a sign up for get together events. Dinner will be whatever they are selling 🙂
Weekend cooking is definitely going to happen. I’m not sure just what it will be yet, but I’ll be brewing ideas through the week and will update you all next week. If you have any wonderful/weird blarg stories or memes, please do share them in the comments and help brighten up my day. Related: there needs to be a blarg emoji.
Sports are happening Monday, Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday of this week. Tuesday there are no kids. Friday is a cook-out at the drive in.
<Insert existential crisis here>
Also- being out of town til last night means there has been no grocery shopping. And today I have no time to grocery shop. Things I have on hand:
- A few apples
- Rice noodles
- A few partial chunks of cheese
<Insert screaming and crying here>