Sorry to be vague, friends and family. I lost my Oma last week, and am putting all my “best foot forward” energy into my time at work. Here’s what I’m cooking.
- Monday Yesterday it was my turn to host our weekly friends-dinner, with a guest-friend-visiting-from-out-of-town. I made a whole mess of chicken pot pie casserole, salad, veggies ‘n dip, Rice Krispie treats, and chocolate-chocolate-chocolate-poke-cake. We devoured a pack of 40 pop-n-bake crescent rolls from Costco, and probably could have eaten 40 more if I had them. Box of red wine and two 2 liters of pop.
- Tuesday Freezer pizza and apple slices, or leftovers.
- Wednesday Knock off Chipotle veggie burritos at home: Black bean burritos with cilantro-lime rice, corn salsa, tomatillo salsa, and plenty of guac.
- Thursday Burgers, chips, salad.
- Friday This cracklin chicken with some kind of sauce, creamed spinach, and potatoes. The potatoes will be russets that have been peeled, quartered, boiled, the doused with butter, seasoned with salt, pep, and a bit of dill.
Saturday is the funeral, banana muffins in the car for breakfast, then lunch with family. Sunday we’ll be doing the “best foot forward” thing for Easter.