I honestly can’t tell you why I didn’t post the first week of May, because last week my Grandma passed away. I’m shocked, and yet not. She was 90 and was having medical problems. I’m sad. I barely started to wrap my head around family get togethers without my Grandpa who died 3 years ago, and I’m utterly unprepared to try and think of them without her. And without the house where I played dress up with cousins for so many years. My mom was one of 8 children, and all her siblings, their significant others, and the grandkids could pile into the living room for performances- some much more practiced than others, but all cheered for.
Nothing feels normal, so I’m going to get back to the routine of meal planning. I have no idea how closely I’ll actually follow it, especially since we just got back into town yesterday and I still need to do my grocery shopping.
- Monday Brats (on buns or not), corn, and salad. It will come together quickly, fill bellies, and not leave me with much clean up.
- Tuesday will be Kimathi’s Elementary band concert! It starts at 6:30PM, so we’ll be skipping our usual Tuesday Friendsdinner and grabbing a bite to eat somewhere.
- Wednesday Cabbage and beef casserole, served with rice. Like this recipe, but without the green pepper and with the rice cooked separately (so also leaving out the extra water). It’s an easy casserole, and super comforting.
- Thursday Sesame chicken, green beans, dumplings, and rice.
- Friday I would love to make some kind of fish- just not sure how exactly yet. I’ll give myself a few days to peruse Pinterest and try to figure it out.
- Weekend Burritos at some point. Pancakes at some point. Cookies at some point. Hopefully a bounty of fresh fruit and veg.
There! Mostly done anyway. I’d gladly welcome any comfort-food-type-recipe you have to offer.