I have a problem, my dear internet friends. I’ve been documenting and (mostly) executing a meal plan for some time now. I started this here blog-thing back in March of 2014, and was (mostly) planning out my menu for a number of years before then. The problem is that I have yet to consistently have leftovers in my fridge. I want and need leftovers because:
- Breakfast. Savory breakfasts are THE BEST.
- Lunch. Grab and go is a must.
- Motivation wanes. I’d like to have a hodge-podge-leftover-buffet-o-rama once in a while.
- Hanger. It’s real, and it’s deadly.
So! With that in mind, I’m attempting to tweak my meal plan. Be prepared for more lists.
- Monday Pasta with turkey andouille sausage, spinach, red and yellow peppers, onions, garlic, and a cream sauce. Salad on the side. I thought I would have leftover pasta and I was wrong. SIGH.
- Tuesday Today I think I can’t help but have leftovers. Here’s what’s cooking: I already have potatoes in my slow cooker for twice baked potatoes. This alone should make dinner come together relatively quickly. The rest of dinner will be chicken in a red wine sauce, baked shrimp, Red Lobster Biscuits (aka the most delicious box mix on the planet), and broccoli.
- Wednesday Stew in a slow cooker. Bonus: leftovers will freeze beautifully.
- Thursday This will be ground turkey day. Doesn’t that sound glamorous? Either it will be meaty-turkey-marinara with garlic bread, or mega-loaded-turkey-burgers. Brussels sprouts on the side. Please ignore the fact that there’s no good way to have turkey burger leftovers, I’m hoping my fridge will be sufficiently stocked up at this point.
- Friday Fried day. After approximately 10,324 requests, I’m making fried chicken. Side dishes are still up in the air, because I’m busy freaking out about having to fry. Maybe green beans and fresh rolls? I don’t know. I’m still freaking out about this.
Also important, but not necessarily part of my menu planning are… Desserts! I made brownies this week, and they were pretty good. I think I need to tweak the recipe and swap in a better chocolate powder. Sorry Hershey’s. I’m also planning to test a part-whole-wheat-flour version of this German apple cake.