It’s the Autumnal Equinox! According to regulations, this means that I must have a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte today. Thanks for this doodle, Google.
Do cuttlefish like to cuddle? The world may never know the answers, but here is my meal plan. I remain committed to ruining dinner by thinking about it too much.
- Sunday I made meatloaf in a crockpot, and it was delicious! 2 lbs of ground beef, two eggs, 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs and a bunch of other stuff went in on high for three hours and is was GOOD. With baked potatoes and spinach on the side.
- Monday Extra meaty marinara with ground beef, smoked sausage, peppers, onions, and many many cloves of garlic. Served up with pasta, garlic bread and a side salad. Pretty dang un-exciting, but that happens some times.
- Tuesday Oven-fried chicken drumsticks, cheese burgers, brussels sprouts and roasted root veggies. The chicken drums were inspired by this recipe, but with extra seasoning. They didn’t really blow my skirt up, but Darian was a big fan so I’ll continue to tweak that recipe/technique. Dipping sauces helped- we had both sweet chili sauce and blue cheese dressing.
- Wednesday Big Fat Greek Salad! Yes, I do need to use that many capital letters, and the exclamation point. Lots o’ veggies. Lots o’ chicken. Lots o’ feta cheese.
- Thursday Spiced up chicken-thigh-stir-fry (say that ten times fast) with teriyaki sauce, turmeric, garlic, onions, and peppers. Gingery mixed veggies on the side. Rice. Crispy shrimp. I’m *hoping* it will be like Chinese take out in the comfort of my own home.
- Friday Cinderella movie night at my church! We’re bringing blankets and camping chairs, they’re providing the movie and popcorn. Before we head over, we’ll have “hot dogs” (with quotes, because it’s actually turkey andouille sausage not mystery meat) with all the fixings and apple slices. Ice cream on the way home.
- Saturday This day is too full to even *think* about food. Cold cereal and sandwiches for all. Sorry folks.
That’s the end of that. I fully expect at least one of those days to be messed up by forces beyond my control. Sooner or later I’ll master the universe, but until then I’ll have to remain a bit flexible about these things.