So hey! Weeks of cooking, eating, and Thanksgiving happened. And I’m still eating delicious leftovers. We had smoked turkey, deep fried turkey, greens, and a rib roast. And too many other sides to possibly name. So! Here are a few wonderful things I’ve done with my cooking-life lately, and a few things I still hope to do.
- Cooked greens! And by greens, I mean 7 (!) bunches of turnip, 7 (!) bunches of mustard, two smoked turkey drumsticks, a butt load of garlic, and 4 packs of frozen spinach. Slow cooker for the turkey and their broth. Blanching of all the bunches. Spinach added in later. Also onion, butter, red pepper flakes, pickled jalapeno, and seasoned salt. And pepper. And I’m probably forgetting something else but it all came together in a big pot of deliciousness.
- Leftovers? Leftovers! I don’t usually need to mess with them much, but I just have to share this delicious twist: Pasta Alfredo with smoked turkey, sauteed broccoli on the side. So so so good. I have to find a way to con my friends into having turkey-smoking-parties more often.
- Turkey Enchiladas. These absolutely have to happen, and my turkey supply is dwindling. With the green sauce. And allllll the sides.
- Crockpot meatloaf. I did this. Step one: mix up your favorite meatloaf recipe when you go home for your lunch break, because you’re the luckiest person on the planet and work 5 minutes from your front door. Step two: put it in the slow cooker for 3.5 hours. Step three: ta daaaa!
- Birthday. I am turning the big 3-1 on Thursday. Woop! This isn’t cooking related, except that I’m pretty sure it will mean that I be making a chocolate cake.
- Burgers. These are definitely happening this week to break up all the poultry. Topped with cooked onions/garlic/pickled peppers, then cheese. Toasted buns. Some kinda corn. Some kinda fresh salad. Maybe they will be…. Birthday Burgers!
In other news, I have done zero percent of my holiday shopping. Yikes.