Remember last week, when I was making plans? Those plans didn’t happen. Darian had his heart set on going to see “the spoon in the cherry” after they talked about it at school last Wednesday. So instead of exploring the park less than ten minutes from my house (which I still really want to do by the way), we packed three Oranginas in a cooler and drove on over to The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
It was pretty wonderful. We climbed on things that didn’t explicitly say to not climb on them. I took fifteen pictures of the same thing. It was hot. It was humid. It was a good time.
Next visit we’re going to try and time it so that there isn’t a 35 minute wait for mini golf, because the course looked pretty cool. We had a blast, and my favorite part was asking the boys what some of the more abstract pieces were. I’ll bring a notebook to record their amazing descriptions on our next adventure.
My goal for this weekend- get completely packed for my four day cabin vacation. That also means getting Darian packed for his in-town-overnight-extravaganza since he won’t be coming with! And now, my menu plan.
- Monday Tee Ball day! Snacks before hand, stuffed shells cooking while we’re there, and when we’re home I’ll saute some green beans while the shells cool a bit.
- Tuesday Near Ball day! Slow cooker chicken sandwiches with veggie sticks & crackers on the side. If all goes according to plan, I’ll have this packed to eat at the field before the game. A crockpot that has the lid covered in foil keeps heat remarkably well, and there is little to no chance of leftovers.
- Wednesday Soy/orange/sesame baked chicken legs and stir fried rice noodles with veggies. I’m going to try and document the low and slow method I used to make these for the drive in last Saturday.
- Thursday Cilantro/lime rice, shredded chicken in a sour cream and tomatillo green salsa sauce, and black beans all crammed into grilled stuffed burritos.
- Friday Slow cooker meatloaf, mashed potatoes and broccoli.
- Breakfast: Smoked turkey sausage and red potato hash, french toast, and fruit. Poached eggs over spinach for me because I don’t really like sweet stuff in the mornings.
- Lunch: leftover palooza! With nachos! Then a birthday party in the afternoon! With ponies!
- Dinner: Baked fish, baked fries, salad
- Sunday I have absolutely no idea yet.