This morning, after a horrible night’s sleep, I find myself lacking motivation. Everything is… Fine. However, waking up no less than 15 times last night has left me more than a bit underwhelmed. My solution? Insert quotes, and add a few extra cups of tea.
“We can do no great things, only small things with great love” – Mother Teresa
“Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it by use.” – Ruth Gordon
“Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.” – Khalil Gibran
Last week, I went off of my menu plan. My son caught a stomach bug, then I ended up fighting it off, but not without some serious sleeping. Thankfully I had help, and was able to take the rest I needed. The result is at least one, if not more, of these meals are fairly similar to last week’s menu, because I still have all the ingredients and I refuse to let them go to waste.
- Monday Lemon/Garlic Chicken, topped with sweet peppers, onions and melted cheese. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Tuesday Spinach Lasagna with broccoli and garlic bubble bread
- Wednesday Last week’s salad that didn’t happen- Romaine with a variety of veggies, craisins, cheddar cheese, chicken, balsamic dressing, and croutons. Served over pesto rice because that’s how I make it an entree I’m genuinely satisfied with.
- Thursday Sloppy Joes on home made buns. Broccoli slaw with apples, green onion, and Italian dressing.
- Friday Peanut Teriayki Chicken, fried rice, prefab potstickers, and soy glazed green beans.
- Saturday/Sunday Mostly leftovers- I’m headed to Menomonie, WI for a friend’s birthday on Saturday night. If we run out of leftovers by Sunday night, I’ll make baked fish and a salad.
I think I’ll blame feeling a bit off today on last night’s sleep, and last week’s sickness. I feel better about the world now that I’ve laid out the week’s meals. What do you do to improve your mood?